Read the latest construction update report from the Cordell research team.
Cordell is the RPData side of the business that looks at the developments and opportunities in this marketplace. Cordell has identified the following major construction projects across the country. At Team Raptis we have copied the section about South Australia real estate market for you.
- A number of significant projects estimated over the $10 million mark, have gone to EOI or Tender during the month of August. Expressions of interest invited for $12.8 million Gawler Town Hall/ Institute restoration/conservation project, closing 5 September 2016. Tender for 162 Fullarton Road $15 million, Mixed Used Development, closed late August 2016. Roseworthy Grain Research Facility of approx. $10 million with the tender to close 13 September 2016.
- The Veterans Mental Health Precinct at Glenside Campus for an Acute Inpatient Unit, incorporating the Centre for Excellence for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) & Research spaces. The project is estimated at $15 million with tenders closing 31 August 2016.
- The Adelaide New CBD High School estimated at $100 million has had additional funding granted to increase the size to another two levels to now make a 7 storey building. The Tenders close 14 September 2016.
- The Minda Project at Brighton has also proceeded to Tender for what is now advertised as Packages A & B for Stages 2 & 3 (Approx. $80 million). Package A comprises the residential accommodation for 2 x 3 storey buildings & a Lifestyle Precinct, as well as two Towers (Eastern & Western) for Retirement Living & closing 6 September 2016. Package B is for 18 individual houses fronting Repton Road, also closing 6 September 2016.
- The Adelaide Festival Plaza Precinct is progressing with a Tender for the Northern Promenade Works & Cooling Tower Works ($12 million), closing 31 August 2016. Early road-works for approx. $21 million, to lower The Festival Drive as part of the Festival Plaza Precinct has recently been let to Lend Lease.
- The South Australian Government has also notified an early Tender Notice for Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Program of approx. $250 million. Approx. 140 schools will be involved. This is part of a State Government stimulus package. It is initially proposed that design teams will work with individual sites to develop the scope of work, identify preferred buildings to refurbish & prepare indicative estimates of cost. Procurement options for the construction phase are currently being finalised & briefing sessions will be provided during August 2016.
Full Update including all states