Classic Elegance on a Most Prestigious Address. Brilliantly Remodeled Circa1900 Bluestone Return Verandah Villa with Rear Lane Access, Sited on 696m2.
25 HEWITT AVENUE, ROSE PARK
Coming home to twenty-five, gives equal respect to style, functionality and luxury, so roll out the red carpet as it doesn’t get better than this! This superb family residence combines a classic with the edgiest architectural addition as if the two were meant for each other. Featuring a super-functional kitchen comprising of a Miele dishwasher and gas cooktop, a substantial butlers pantry and arguably a home’s greatest attribute – natural light.
The open plan home caters for modern style living and a wonderful family lifestyle as the home features decorative ceilings, polished pine floors, formal lounge with fireplace, leadlight and that simple, but very effective, symmetrical floorplan with an elongated hall feeding large, light-filled rooms. But wait… there more! Step outside the Commercial Grade Sliding doors to the inviting outdoor area and pool which is perfect for entertainment in those warm summer days.
Significant Features of the home include:
· 1.5km from the Adelaide CBD
· 115-year-old bluestone return verandah villa
· 13-foot ceilings to the original portion of home
· 5 bedrooms or 4 with a formal lounge
· 2 bedrooms with built-in robes and open fireplaces
· 5-kilowatt solar system with 21 panels on the roof
· 696 square meter block north-facing rear with rear lane access
Double automatic roller door garage
· Underground 3 Phase power and all plumbing (including gas and sewerage renewed when extension built in 2010)
· Neautral toned carpet to Bedrooms and formal lounge
· Ample bench space in Butler’s pantry with bench to ceiling shelving
· Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning to the matured section of the house with a split system in extension
· Established easy care, reticulated gardens with ornamental pears and mini gem magnolias at the rear
Astro turf to the front garden
· Polished concrete floors with underfloor heating in the extended portion of the home
· Designer bath with a pivoting glass half screen and heated towel rail in Family bathroom
· Formal lounge has a marble fireplace, door to return verandah, original watermark glass windows and leadlight
· Fully tiled in-ground solar-heated, magnesium salt chlorinated pool with clear frameless glass fence
· Garage has white floor and a glass corner window facing the rear of the house
· Gas cooking with electric oven
· Gorgeous leadlight windows surrounding front door and return verandah door
· Hidden service area off the kitchen for bins and washing line
· Integrated dishwasher (Miele) and Vintec wine fridge under benchtops
· Laundry with floor to ceiling built-in cupboards and a full room length hanging rail
· Master bedroom has a walk-through wardrobe to the ensuite bathroom with double vanity, underfloor heating, heated towel rails and soft close toilet with in-wall cistern
· New rood and chimney fascias
· Polished wooden floorboards to the central hallway.
· Stonework fully repointed, verandah re-poured with up lights and original iron posts restored.
· Whole house insulated
Auction: Saturday 2/11/2019 @ 1pm. Please Note: the Vendor has elected to Auction this property without a fixed price range and Government regulations prevent us from making any ‘price/value’ statement in this case. If you are interested we can provide you with a print-out of recent local sales to help you with your market research. This can be obtained at an open inspection or we can email a copy to you. The Vendor will set a Reserve Price before the Auction, based on all offers and market feedback.
CT / 5433/695
Council / Burnside
Zoning / Historic Conservation
Built / 1900ish
Land / 696m2
Council Rates / $3,441.90 pa
Emergency Services Levy / $304.95 pa
SA Water / $75 pq + $364.48 pq